Wednesday 27 July 2011

Spangled Drongo

This little guy has been hanging around in our back neighbour's garden for a few weeks. It loves feeding in the grevillea bush. And it's so used to me snapping away trying to capture the perfect shot of it, that it's not scared of me anymore. It flies above head and I'm sure it started posing for me. Just so I could get this one. I think it's perfect!

It took a lot of Googling to find out what it is. I'd never seen this little glossy black bird before. But I discovered it is called a Spangled Drongo...poor little fella...that's a rather unfortunate name, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! You're really talented at this photography thing, Thea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, great photo Thea... I'm still laughing at the spangled drongo, what an awesome name :o) xo

    ReplyDelete

A little comment goes a long way