Wednesday 7 December 2011

Bird Ornament from Munich

Day 7 of Christmas photos and today we have my very favourite!
I bought this in Munich on our honeymoon, 9 years ago.
It was a brave move for me.
We didn't speak the language so we didn't do much communicating,
and we didn't buy much.
But when I saw these, I fell in love.
It's the most beautiful soft pink (almost the same colour as my wedding dress),
and it has a touch of glitter and a very long feather tail.
I was so careful with it, making sure it was safe all the way back to Australia.
And every year, regardless of my theme, it has pride of place on our tree.
Fortunately this year, it fits the theme perfectly.

8 comments:

  1. Well I am glad I know about this other site of yours now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zehr schoen! Love your Christmas theme and the way you're counting down to Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a stunning photo Thea, captures the sparkly magic of your tree beautifully :o)
    And another beautiful story behind it too. I have a similar one in blue, but smaller, more like a wren... Oh and it came from MYER city store, so not quite as exotic as your gorgeous bird ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Reminds me of some ornaments on my parents tree back in the day. Fragile, glittery and festhers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so enjoying the little stories as well as the photos Thea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful memory.
    A fitting treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to meet you Thea, and welcome to The Creative Exchange!

    This is a wonderful photograph! So perfect for the season.

    Thank you so very much for sharing with us this week.

    Sending you wishes for a beautiful Holiday.

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely ornament, full of memories!

    ReplyDelete

A little comment goes a long way