Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

This year, for the first time since we moved here 11 years ago, our local council put on a New Year's Eve celebration with fireworks at 9pm in the park very close to where we live.

All I had to do was walk to the end of my back lane...about 60m...and I could snap this...


I know the bottom of the photo has awful movement.
I had my Nikon Coolpix S8000 on the fireworks setting and a tripod would have come in handy!!
But I love the explosions of colour in the centre and top of the photo, so I'm publishing it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Thea, I've never been able to photograph fireworks. This is a great shot, movement and all :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing shot for handheld! I might not even have realized it at first.

    ReplyDelete

A little comment goes a long way