Friday 31 January 2014

365 Days In Nature - January 2014

I began taking a nature photo on the 1st of January 2013.
My goal was to take one every day for the whole year.
I achieved that, now I'm back for another year.
I started a Facebook group to share our nature photos.
It has grown to more than 200 members from all around the world.
And it's the best group on Facebook.
No, I'm not at all biased!
If you want to join us, you can find us here... 365 Days In Nature

Day 1 (1st Jan) A scrub turkey in the park near the canal.



Day 2 (2nd Jan) Pretty Rain Lilies in my mother-in-law's garden.



Day 3 (3rd Jan) More from my mother-in-law's garden, a beautiful hibiscus this time.



Day 4 (4th Jan) Saturday Theme: Bark...I'm not sure if it's Paper Bark, Melaleuca, or Tea Tree...or all of the above!



Day 5 (5th Jan) Does anyone know what this is? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous!



Day 6 (6th Jan) They're blooming again!! The garden smells divine!



Day 7 (7th Jan) - This was an interesting find...purple mangoes!



Day 8 (8th Jan) A pretty sunset at Caloundra.



Day 9 (9th Jan) I've got a lovely bunch of....mangoes! Which are just out of reach and the middle one looks so good!!



Day 10 (10th Jan) Another lovely flowering plant in my neighbour's backyard. I should introduce him, his name is Dave and from now on I shall say 'from Dave's garden'. PS It was his shed/garage in the 365 Days of Man's Mark on the World yesterday. And no, he doesn't keep cars in it! PPS Does anyone know what this plant is called?



Day 11 (11th Jan) Saturday Theme: Sparkles... We walked to the top of Mount Coolum this morning and I saw plenty of sparkles in the rocks and on the ocean, but I wasn't happy with any of the photos I took of them. So I'm delving into the archives to share this one that I like to call "Diamond Duck!"



Day 12 (12th Jan) From my mother-in-law's garden.



Day 13 (13th Jan) Part of the cliffs of Mount Coolum. As the sign says, "Mount Coolum's cliff feature distinctive hexagonal-shaped columns of volcanic rock that formed 25 - 26 million years ago as molten magma cooled, solidified and contracted."



Day 14 (14th Jan) I just posted my "3 Things" photo on FMS then looked outside and saw this!! It's like they were mocking me. So I'll post them here instead. :)



Day 15 (15th Jan) I had to post another photo of my Crepe Myrtle because it's the prettiest thing in my garden at the moment!



Day 16 (16th Jan) The wild passion fruit vine is flowering again. So pretty!



Day 17 (17th Jan) A spotted dove on our rusty roof!



Day 18 (18th Jan) Saturday Theme: Animal footprint/tracks...Paw prints and people prints, and 7 of my best friends.




Day 19 (19th Jan) My husband was complaining that the council hasn't come to spray the weeds in our street. I think they're pretty!!



Day 20 - (20th Jan) A cute little buggy thingy in the garden.



Day 21 - (21st Jan) A pretty yellow dandelion under the Crepe Myrtle tree.



Day 22 - (22nd Jan) The midday sun and I are not best friends today! Heading for 38°C...currently 35.3°C. :(



Day 23 - (23rd Jan) Broody storm clouds in the sky yesterday evening.



Day 24 - (24th Jan) A very young cattle egret finding its wings.



Day 25 - (25th Jan) Saturday Theme:  I didn't notice this until I downloaded it! ... I didn't see the pollen sacs on the bee until I downloaded this photo. I didn't even know bees had pollen sacs!! The things you learn when you take photos of everything...




Day 26 - (26th Jan) A beautiful Australian native Banksia for Australia Day.



Day 27 - (27th Jan) "Darling..." "Yes, Dear"...



Day 28 - (28th Jan) An ibis at the duck pond. I wouldn't call them pretty birds!



Day 29 - (29th Jan) Our little rose bush just bloomed. And yes it is hanging upside down...



Day 30 - (30th Jan) A new bud has started to open on the same bush as my photo from yesterday. This rose is called "Chameleon" and it changes from yellow to pink. So I thought I might photograph it every day this week to show the colour change.



Day 31 - (31st Jan) Here's my little rose today, with a little pink tinge around the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A little comment goes a long way